Last week was terrifying. In a three day period my balance became very challenged, I lost my ability to rise from a chair without lifting myself with my arms, my coconut oil benefits-window shrunk from 5-6 hours to less than 2 hours, low back pain was nearly constant, and I had my first Parky fall. What the ...!??
Then I recalled that three days previous, I had begun taking a statin drug (Simvastatin, 10mg), together with two other drugs related to an angioplasty and stint implant. Known side effects of statin drugs are muscle weakness and pain. In addition, the way that statins work is to inhibit liver enzyme action that produces LDL cholesterol, a path that is used to convert Coconut Oil to Ketones, presumably important for PWP benefits.
I dropped the statins. Three days later I can rise from a chair again, my balance is better, and my coconut oil benefits-window is increasing (now up to 3-4 hours). I am looking for natural ways to lower my cholesterol (so far Apples, Psyllium, Cholestoff, and Red Rice Yeast; any other ideas?). For me, dealing with Parky is more important than a slight reduction in heart attack risk:
From Dr Briffa, drbriffa.com/2013/12/12/wha...
"The great majority of people taking statins have no history of heart attack or stroke, and the idea of taking statins is to prevent such an occurrence – so-called ‘primary prevention’. In this context, statins do not save lives. For healthy individuals, then, the evidence shows that countless individuals might stop their statins, but not one of them will lose their life as a result.
No comments:
Post a Comment