Five habits

From my experience of 36 years, I can recommend these 5 habits that have changed my life for good.
  1. Read, a lot. Not only reading books enhances our knowledge and gives wings to our imagination, it also stimulates our mind and improves our ability to focus and analyze. Read everyday. Read a newspaper or a book or a blog. Write as well if you can. My writing skills have improved a lot after I started reading. So read, a lot.
  2. Eat healthy. Do not treat your stomach as a dustbin. Eat healthy and remain healthy. We often take our bodies for granted and do not care enough while our body is the only thing that stays with us till the end of our lives. Toss out the junk, cut sugar, add veggies and fruits and gallons of water.
  3. Connect with positive people and positive news. I can not emphasize this enough. Speaking from experience, I have learnt that the company we seek affects us much more deeply than we can imagine. Be around positive people and you will become positive. Similarly, don’t feed on negative news. The world is in chaotic state and we all need to hear more of positive news.
  4. Practice gratitude. I have personally noticed a drastic change in my life after I started practicing gratitude. Every morning and right before going to bed, say a prayer of thanks. If you are like me who can’t stick to saying a prayer regularly, do it in small, little things. Say thank you and sorry. Be kind. And be grateful for what you have got.
  5. Spend time with family and express your love to them. In a small experiment done by a nurse where she recorded the last wish of the dying people, it was found that almost all the dying people had one common wish. They all wished they could spend more time with their families and they wished they had expressed their love to them. Whenever the thought of my death come to my mind, I become anxious and want to hug my daughters because I want to live with them. I want to spend more time with them. I am a SAHM still I feel I do not spend enough time with my family because I love them too much! My parents are getting old and that makes me want to stay with them. I talk to mum everyday and try my best to give the maximum comforts to her. So never undermine the importance of family. Spend quality time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment