Undoing side effects of statins

How to Turn Back the Side Effects of Statins

1. Consider getting off your statin medication, unless you’re a middle-aged man with heart disease. But remember to always contact your physician before stopping your statin drugs.

2. Rebuild your muscles and your heart with four nutrients I call them the “awesome foursome.” You want to take the following:
  • 200 mg of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) daily
  • 200-600 mg of magnesium daily
  • 2-3 grams of broad spectrum carnitine daily
  • 5 grams of D-Ribose two to three times a day

Get more of Dr. Sinatra's advice on CoQ10

3. If you’re suffering from polyneuropathy, which is nerve damage that affects the feet and hands causing weakness, loss of sensation or burning pain, I recommend taking 100-300 mg of alpha lipoic acid a day.

Finally, be very optimistic. I’ve seen this regimen work again and again over the years. Once you allow the statin drugs to clear from your system, and build up the mitochondrial function in your cells with the awesome foursome, you will not only reverse the side effects of statins—you’ll thrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment