Many moons ago when I wrote The Great Cholesterol Con I provided a very short section at the end on what people should do, to avoid heart disease. It went something like this:
1: Do not smoke cigarettes (to which I would now add – or anything else).
2: Take exercise – that you enjoy. Don’t try to drive yourself into the ground. Walking outside is particularly good, especially on a sunny day.
3: If you don’t drink alcohol, start. If you do drink, drink regularly – don’t binge drink – and make sure that you enjoy what you drink. Drink with friends, drink sociably, don’t drink to get drunk.
4: If you hate your job, get another one – don’t feel trapped.
5: Make a new friend, join a club, find an area of life that you enjoy. Praise other people and try to compliment other people more often.
6: Look forward to something enjoyable every day, every month, and longer term.
No comments:
Post a Comment